The World According to Mike: Things That Burn My Ass Number 6

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Things That Burn My Ass Number 6

Expatriots being allowed to vote in the U.S.A.

Don't like our political climate? Feel it's bad enough to move out of the country? Great. Have a nice life. Just don't sit up in Canada or any other nation and cast your vote here. Am I the only one in this country who's against dual citizenship? Either you want to be an American or you don't. Either is acceptable with me. Just have the intestinal fortitude to make the decision all the way.

Off the soapbox. For now.

(Please note that I know the word is spelled expatriate. I just like my spelling better. Perhaps I should have hyphenated it to get my point across (ex-patriot).)

Things that burn my ass...



one

two

three

four

five

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

3 Comments:

At 11/17/2006 9:21 AM, Blogger Rachel Schell said...

hmm...dual citizenship huh? I'm not touching this one, but if you have anything to say about illegal immigration I will not hesitate to jump right in. Which may be the reason so many people want to leave this country...lets not get started on that !!

 
At 1/10/2007 6:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If they are American's that have not commited a felony then they have the right to vote.
Thaks for trying to unAmericanize citizens - it's a pretty shallow way of thinking.

 
At 8/13/2007 4:12 PM, Blogger Mike said...

I haven't tried to "unAmericanize" anyone. My whole point is that I can't stand people who "unAmericanize" themselves by leaving the country only to suddenly want to "reAmericanize" themselves on election day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home