The World According to Mike: Hope for Patriotism, Perhaps?

Monday, July 11, 2005

Hope for Patriotism, Perhaps?

I'd just like to report that my good friend (and long lost fishing buddy) Ken is home on leave from his deployment in Iraq. On his trip home he had to lay-over in the Dallas airport for 9 hours. It warmed my heart to hear of the reception he got upon landing! Just before his plane touched down an announcement was made that he and the two other returning soldiers on board were to exit the plane first. Ken said that immediately upon disembarking they were greeted by a cheering crowd! He went on to tell me that during his entire 9 hour stay he was unable to pay for anything. The airport "comped" him and his fellow soldiers the use of an executive area where they could grab a shower. He went into a bar for his first cold beer since last October (they aren't allowed to drink while "in country" in Iraq) and a gentleman promptly bought him one. When he tried to pay for his dinner in the cafe where he ate his waitress told him another gentleman had paid for his meal!

The people of Dallas Texas (or at least those in the Airport the night before last) should applaud themselves for the warm welcome home they gave to those who are helping to protect our safety!

As good as I feel about this, I can't help but think that had Ken landed at, say SFO, he wouldn't have gotten such a reception!

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

1 Comments:

At 10/11/2005 10:56 PM, Blogger Mike said...

Mind your own bee's wax, Johnie Bravo. The above post was someone spamming me to try to sell me something. Even one's blog isn't safe these days. Glad to see you still stop by though. Someday maybe I'll actually post to it again.....LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home