The World According to Mike: Gotta love the MSM!!!

Monday, July 04, 2005

Gotta love the MSM!!!

I just finished watching a piece from last night's 60 Minutes (TiVo rules!) about individual ready reservists being called up for active duty with the armed forces. What really caught my attention (and ticked me off, quite frankly) was the way the story focused on a few people who claimed to be wrongly called up. While I'm sure some mistakes are being made (the armed forces are made up of government agencies after all), most of the "call ups" are within established guidelines.

Further adding to my anger at the piece was the fact that it made no mention of all the folks volunteering to "re-up", many after years of civilian life.

This is just one more example of how the main stream media will spin a story to further a left wing agenda.


For those of you unfamiliar with the military reserve structure there is some decent information available here.

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

2 Comments:

At 7/11/2005 11:21 PM, Blogger OP said...

Outstanding post Mike.

After 9/11, I reenlisted after a 12 year break in service as soon as I could make weight (quite a duanting task in my case) and ended up going overseas on three short missions before an active duty injury while I was preparing for OIF-III forced me to retire.

There are thousands of veterans like me. Even more non-prior servcie guys my age would have enlisted if they had been allowed to. The MSM acts like we don't exist.

My last outfit is deployed forward as I post this. There are more than several old soldiers in the 1106th AVCRAD who served in Vietnam and are all in their 50s. The MSM will ignore them.

Even more guys and gals in that fine unit served in Lebanon, Grenada, Panama, Desert Storm, Somalia, Afganistan, and several are on their second tours of duty in Southwest Asia. The MSM will never say or print a word about them.

 
At 7/11/2005 11:24 PM, Blogger OP said...

I forgot to mention Haiti. A detachment form the 1106th AVCRAD deployed there back in the day and many of those soldiers are in Kuwait or Iraq today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home