The World According to Mike: Note to my loyal readers (both of you)

Monday, May 23, 2005

Note to my loyal readers (both of you)

As you have probably noticed I have nothing to blog home about lately. I haven't abandoned this blog. I'm just simply swamped with projects as I always am this time of year. I'm lucky if I can take 15 minutes to sit down and watch the news the last few weeks. Hopefully things will settle down eventually and I'll get inspired to rant and rave about something again. Meanwhile, I recommend that you click the link at the bottom of this page and sign up for email notices if the blog does change. This will save you the trouble of checking back and feeling the shear disappointment of there being nothing new here (LOL).

This upcoming weekend I'll be heading to Lake Almanor so hopefully if nothing else I'll have something to add to the fishing blog. Wish me luck!

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

4 Comments:

At 5/25/2005 12:26 AM, Blogger Thomas said...

Why havnt u joined the military yet?

 
At 5/25/2005 5:19 AM, Blogger Mike said...

First off, I don't remember ever saying I hadn't.

Having said that, I did in fact enlist when I was a senior in High School. I made it as far as the MEPS (Military Entrance Processing Command) in Oakland California. Once there I was disqualified medically due to a surgery I had in 1972 which, I suspect, is way before the world was graced with your presence. I've regretted it ever since. The military is a great place for a young person to get his or her head screwed on straight. God knows mine wasn't when I was 18!

Thanks for stopping by.

 
At 5/25/2005 10:18 AM, Blogger Mike said...

What part of "linked to my family site" do you not understand, Woody? I'd delete your post but I'd never hear the end of the (click) remarks.

No, It would be the laminectomy I had on 3 of my lumbar vertibra; automatic disqualification from military service.

Since you feel the need to shamlessly poke your nose into this thread, you may as well see the tread that young Tommy was referring to.

Love ya man!

 
At 5/26/2005 8:42 AM, Blogger OP said...

Thomas appears to have Mike envy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home