The World According to Mike: Not a poet and I DO know it!!!

Friday, March 17, 2006

Not a poet and I DO know it!!!

Turn a burned out guard loose with a word processor and bad things happen.....

(just something I hacked out while feeling sorry for myself the other day...no need to panic....LMAO)

The Felony Abyss

My mind wanders...
...thinking something's amiss
A steel door slams
I'm in the Felony Abyss

I dive these depths
to earn my spoils
And sentence myself
to this life of turmoil...

...A penance I pay
for a young life squandered
What could I have changed
I often ponder

Hatred and anger
Misery and pain
Violence and danger
All decency drains

A sub-culture
beyond all compare
Your sanity at risk
enter if you dare

I walk this line
protect a public ungrateful
No thanks do I get
their writings ever hateful

At the end of the day
I exit the door
Another piece of myself
I leave on the floor

At night when I'm home
I lie in my bed
Try to shake the demons
loose from my head

I'll return tomorrow
though I know not why
'tis my solemn wish
to bid the abyss goodbye


The above copyright 2006 by Mike Lee (like someone would want to steal it anyway...LOL)

Cross posted on my MySpace Blog

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

1 Comments:

At 3/18/2006 8:04 AM, Blogger Mike said...

Can I just get a hug over here?...LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home