The World According to Mike: Health Care/ Pharmaceutical Debacle

Sunday, April 03, 2005

Health Care/ Pharmaceutical Debacle

Let me get this straight; Daimler Chrysler can go to Mexico to build my Dodge pickup but I can't go to Canada if i choose to for my medications?!?!? Anyone else think the pharmaceutical lobby has gotten just a tad big for it's britches? I feel terribly sorry for anyone with serious health problems in this country today. I'm basically healthy aside from a weak Thyroid and high cholesterol and just the medication for those 2 things cost me a couple hundred bucks per year in co-pays (I don't even want to know what my insurance is kicking out). This combined with a litigious society gone wild and it's no wonder my health insurance premiums are a thousand bucks (!) per month for what amounts to an 80/20 plan.

Now before those left leaners among you start to scream about those mean old fascist Republicans, keep in mind this problem goes way back to the '80's or earlier. Translation: the Clinton administration dodged it too. Although, if Hillary get's her way we'll have socialized medicine by the end of her Presidential term. Ask the Canadians how well that's going.

If ever there was an issue that needed to transcend partisan politics this is it!!! Unfortunately, I don't see an end to it.

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home