The World According to Mike: Social Security - Private Accounts

Saturday, April 02, 2005

Social Security - Private Accounts

Here we have another rather heated subject. I'd be interested in hearing some real folk's take on this one. From where I'm sitting it seems on the surface to be a reasonably good idea. Inject some Federal bureaucracy into the mix however and I fear it will turn into what I call a soup sandwich (translation: mess).

I for one have made plans to be 0% percent reliant on Social Security if at all possible. If you're under 40 you'd be foolish not to do the same in my humble opinion. I'm fortunate enough to not pay into it anymore. However my wife is self employed and therefore has to pony up the entire 12.4% herself so indirectly I do have a personal stake in this.

Here's sort of a laymen's pro/ con breakdown I came across:

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home