The World According to Mike: Free for all space.

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Free for all space.

I've decided to create a little spot for anyone who doesn't necessarily have an "on topic" comment but wants to say something about the blog or, heaven forbid, me in general. Have a random comment or a shot to take?(within blog rules of course) This is the place to do it.

Here's an example. This comment was originally posted by Hellenbach in my Hanoi Jane Rides Again post:

LOL...You know, I had a sinking feeling that I was misquoting the great Kenny R. when I weas doing that piece. However, the only thing that I could have thought of that would have been more silly then the tounge-in-cheek attempt at plagarism would have been to actually spend time researching the lyrics to "The Gambler". But I trully appreciate the comment, and whether you approve or not, you now have a new reader!

It's not relevant to the topic but it was a welcomed comment and I didn't want to be a jerk and just delete it outright. Hence the creation of this free for all zone.

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

3 Comments:

At 4/18/2005 9:26 PM, Blogger Mike said...

Another relocated comment:

lumberjack said...
Mike,what's up my cracka, just lettin you know im here and ready to disagree. And to start I'd like to remind you that country music made blues what it is.
4/18/2005 10:26 AM


Thanks for stopping by lumberjack.

 
At 4/19/2005 11:47 PM, Blogger Mike said...

Doug,

Actually, I hadn't heard about it until tonight at work and I haven't had much time to think about it. One theory I had on the subject proved to be true though, I believe. They elected a pretty old guy for the job. I think Ratzinger at 78 years of age is intended sort of as a "transitional pope" while the Catholic church decides which way it's headed.

As to a Europe vs USA angle I doubt that since the rest of most of Europe is liberal as hell. I doubt someone as right leaning as Ratzinger would be the first choice in that conspiracy.

 
At 5/07/2005 8:03 PM, Blogger Mike said...

Sorry Doug, I'm not familiar with that one. If in fact the picture you mention is all the evidence they have then I'd say the punishment is excessive. Without the court transcripts though one really can't make an informed decision. God knows our news media isn't always the best place to find things out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home